Careers in Health


Careers in Health Offered at College of Health and Allied Development

  • Bachelor of science level Registered Nurse
  • Nursing assistants
  • Home Health Aides
  • Biomedical Research Associate
  • Biomedical technologist
  • Pharmaceutical research associate
  • Biological research associate
  • Case management assistant
  • Psychology assistant
  • Aging Care worker
  • Community Health Worker (Public health assistant)
  • Addiction counsellor
  • Recovery coach




Tranfer Credit Policies

Transfer of Academic Credit Policy and Fees


Transfer students must submit official college transcripts from each institution attended and should have college transcripts sent prior to registration to ensure proper advisement.  To be considered official, transcripts either may be sent directly to the College of Health and Allied Development from the issuing institution or be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope sealed by the issuing institution. Faxed transcripts are not considered official. Transfer of course credit is at the discretion of the receiving school.


All transcripts and documents received become property of the college and will not be copied or transmitted to third parties, except in accordance with state or federal law.


Transfer Students


A student is classified as a transfer student if he/she has previously registered at any other licensed college or university, regardless of the amount of time spent in attendance or credit earned.


All transcripts must be received within the first term to have the credits apply on the college transcript. It is important for students to have transcripts submitted as early as possible to allow evaluations to be completed before the programs scheduled orientation.


Transfer credit may be accepted from degree-granting institutions that are approved and/or fully accredited at the collegiate level by their appropriate approval and/or regional accrediting agency. Courses from non-regionally accredited institutions that appear on the State Common Course Numbering System list are also transferrable. For non-regionally accredited institutions credits will be evaluated and accepted on a course-by-course basis. At least 60 percent of the program or certificate credit must be earned at the College of Health and Allied Development. Only courses with grades of B or higher will be considered for awarding transfer credit. Courses will be listed a transfer credit by course name and number of credits awarded. Course grades will not be recorded on the college transcript.


College credits at the Associate/Bachelor's degree level will be reviewed according to any or all of the following factors prior to their acceptance as satisfying degree requirements.

  • Breadth, depth, and rigor of course content as evidenced by course syllabi, prerequisites, placement test scores, exit requirements, student portfolios, textbooks, writing or oral communication requirements, grading standards, catalog descriptions, etc.;
  • Qualifications of the faculty member(s) providing the instruction;
  • Age of credits;
  • Recommendations through other established credit assessment bodies (e.g., ACE);
  • Institutional accreditation via other professional assessment/accrediting bodies (e.g., AMA, NLN, state agency);
  • Secondary documentation of course competencies (e.g., professional certification, standardized exam scores, etc.);

International College Transcripts

All college transcripts from postsecondary institutions outside the United States must have a course-by-course commercial evaluation and English translation completed by an approved agency. A list of approved agencies is located at The college must receive all students’ transcripts evaluations before their first term.


English language proficiency

English language proficiency is verified for applicants whose native language is not English and have not earned a degree from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction. Student may verify proficiency through:  A minimum score of 500 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT); or score of 61 on the Internet Based Test (iBT); a score of 6.0 on the International English Language Test (IELTS); or score of 44 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report.


Transcript evaluation Fees

The college charges a transcript evaluation fee of $75 per school transcript

How to find us!

About us

College of Health and Allied Development is the only school in Palm Beach County offering efficient Non-traditional College programs that prepare students for careers in-demand areas such as such as Nursing, Case Management, Psychology, Clinical Research, Public Health, addiction rehabilitation, and recovery.